We thought you might like something cheerful, so here’s the text of the Private Members Bill currently before in the Commons.
Repeal the European Communities Act 1972 and related legislation; and for connected purposes.
BE IT ENACTED by the Queen’s most Excellent Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Lords Spiritual and Temporal, and Commons, in this present Parliament assembled, and by the authority of the same, as follows:—
1 Repeal of European Communities Act 1972
(1) The European Communities Act 1972 is repealed.
(2) Secondary legislation made under that Act shall continue in force unless it is subsequently amended or repealed, and any such amendments or repeals may be made by statutory instrument subject to annulment in pursuance of a resolution of either House of Parliament.
(1) The Secretary of State may by order made by statutory instrument repeal any Act which is rendered obsolete by virtue of the repeal in section 1.
(2) No order may be made under subsection (1) unless a draft of the order has been laid before and approved by a resolution of each House of Parliament.
3 Short title, commencement and extent
(1) This Act may be cited as the European Communities Act 1972 (Repeal) Act 2013.
(2) This Act comes into force on such day as the Secretary of State may appoint by order made by statutory instrument.
(3) This Act extends to England and Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The latest state of proceedings may accessed here: